COVID-19 Information and Resources
We’ve all heard the news reports about the novel (new) COVID-19.
To help you get beyond the headlines we have compiled a list of useful resources, from credible organizations, to help you make the most informed decisions.
- Be Ready for COVID-19
- Help protect yourself and others from getting sick
- COVID-19 resources
Be Ready for COVID-19
1. Be SMART & inform yourself about #COVID-19.
- Follow accurate public health advice from your local health authority
- Follow the news on latest COVID-19 updates.
- To avoid spreading rumors, always check the source you are getting information from.
- Don’t spread rumors.
2. Be SAFE from #COVID-19
- Avoid crowded areas or places where you might interact with people who are sick.
- Pay special attention if you are 60+ or if you have an underlying medical condition such as cardiovascular disease, respiratory condition or diabetes.
3. Be KIND and support loved ones during #COVID-19
- Check in regularly especially with those affected.
- Encourage them to keep doing what they enjoy.
- Provide calm and correct advice for your children.
Help protect yourself and others from getting sick
1. Wash your hands
- after coughing or sneezing
- when caring for the sick
- before, during and after you prepare food
- before eating
- after toilet use
- when hands are visibly dirty
- after handling animals or animal waste
2. When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue. Throw tissue into closed bin immediately after use. Clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water after coughing or sneezing and when caring for the sick.
3. Avoid close contact when you are experiencing cough and fever. Avoid spitting in public. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.
4. Stay up to date on information from health professionals, please see resources below.
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization Coronavirus
- PHAC: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Government of Canada takes action on COVID-19
Cleaning and Surface Disinfection
- The guidance on COVID-19 for communities, schools and daycares
- Hard surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers (COVID-19)
- How to Clean and Disinfect your Home During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Are plastic pollution and zero waste important topics to you? Us too. At Seventh Generation, our brand is built around sustainable living. Learn more here.
Discover the Seventh Generation mission to create safe and sustainable products through sustainable business practices, like eco-friendly packaging.